Sanctuary of the goddess Bastet
In Bulgarian: Светилище на богинята Бастет
Category: Sanctuary, Location: Malko Tarnovo, Longtitude: 27.48659134 Latitude: 41.96918282
The site "Sanctuary of the goddess Bastet" is located in Gradishteto locality (the highest peak in the Bulgarian part of Strandja mountain), west of the town of Malko Tarnovo. The origin of this site is quite controversial among the specialists and many of the archaeologists suggest actually it has nothing related to the Egyptian goddess Bastet (also known as Bast or Basthet - the daughter and wife of the sun god Ra and depicted as a woman with a cat head) but is a ritual site of the ancient Thracians (not far away, in Mishkova niva locality, was discovered a Thracian complex dating from the V century BC).
The idea that the sanctuary is related to the goddess Bastet belongs to Krastyo Mutafchiev - one of the members of the expedition which in 1981 began excavations in the region. The reason for the studies in the foot of Gradiste is the appearance of an old map, containing still unresolved signs, geometrical figures and characters. From the map is very intrigued also the prophetess Baba Vanga, who shared unique scientific facts about the solar sanctuary. She said that the area of Gradishteto in Strandja mountain is sacred. According to her, there lies a tomb of an Egyptian goddess, "which holds the scepter of extraterrestrial matter in his hands".
Mutafchiev said that after the death of Bastet, her body was transported to these lands by sea (his proof can be read in his book "Homo sapiens origin of Homo sapiens").
Unfortunately, today the unique sanctuary is destroyed and looted. There are clearly identified only two solar circle of unknown origin, which forming a triangle.
Other Sights, Landmarks And Places Of Interest When Visit Town Of Malko Turnovo >>
- Thracian Sanctuary in Mishkova niva area (category: Archaeological site)
- Thracian mound necropolis in Propada area (category: Archaeological site)
- Church of the Assumption (category: Church)
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church (category: Church)
- History museum (category: Museum)
- Thracian stone sanctuary in Kamenska Barchina area (category: Archaeological site)
- Monument of the Volunteers of 1877-1878 war (category: Memorial)
- Chapel of Holly Virgin, area of Chernogorovo (category: Church)
- Fountains The big and The small Vris (category: Fountain)
- Chapel of Holy Virgin, area of Peykovo (category: Church)
- Bratanova Cave (category: Cave)
- The Mushroom rock formation (category: Rock-formation)
- Monument to the fallen in the Ilinden-Preobrazhenie Uprising (category: Memorial)
sur la route vers le ... de Bastet, l'accès est uniquement permis avec un guide, qui a la clé du portail (da ne se popadne na turska teritoria)